Saturday, September 18, 2010

Holidays

The holidays have started.

Kids are running around like spinning tops gone rogue, missing the routine of school days. Give it a couple of days and they will settle into happy, creative play. At least that's what happened last holidays....I truly hope, 'cause at the moment they are at each other's throat and I find myself separating the two tiger cubs from each others grip every 10 minutes. They can be best buddies for hours, then, suddenly, all hell breaks loose.

On the knitting front, all projects are nearing completion and I feel like hurrying things along so I can start a new holiday project. Gian's green socks are done and he is wearing them proudly. The pattern is from
Spud & Chloe. They have a great collection of funky patterns and this sock pattern is one of the neatest and easiest I have come across. I love the look of  Spud  & Chole' Website and Blog and can't wait to try out their wool, the colors look very modern and vibrant, ideal for kids projects (yes, put that in the Que for project to do.....). Gosh, I can't believe I am saying this, but I am almost sorry to see winter go....but there is always Cotton Tops to knit.

Speaking of which, I am off Camping tomorrow and will have to detour to a yarn shop to get some cotton for Emilia's little summer top. I am planning to try out some ECO Cotton.

Lastly, last night I have started tracing a pattern from Japanese sewing magazine COTTON FRIEND. That alone takes hours just to determine which is which, which I can only do with regular knitting breaks in between....I traced a complete set before I realised that it was for the adult size and not the child size....duh. So I had to start again deciphering the different lines and symbols.....

Ok, it's lunchtime and I really should get out of my PJ's....and make grapes and popcorn for lunch.

Sorry for the lack of photographs.....will have to go shopping soon.

see ya

No comments: