Monday, April 13, 2009

Recycling lunch

Yesterday's Lemon Risotto is today's Rice Croquettes. And as one wise man once said: " Everything tastes better crumbed". So true when it comes to our family. I am known to have turned many rejected things into family favorites by tossing them in the traditional flour, egg and breadcrumbs mixture.
I added extra Parmesan into the breadcrumbs and the croquettes turned super-golden and tasty. I never seem to have left over stale bread, but if I had, it would make for the perfect crumbs.



On the danger of repeating myself, it was another glorious autumn day so we migrated outside and had lunch in the sun. I know to well that winter is coming soon so I am taking every opportunity to soak up the warmth.
On another note I have to mention the love affair T has with Hummus.....I make it often as we have now persuaded G to try it and he has declared it as his favorite dip. T loves dips so much, he never seems to eat his cracker though. The classic quadruple dipper. The cracker is merely a spoon to scoop all of the dip up....Well, I guess eating almost a can of chickpeas, 2 cloves of garlic, lemon juice and olive oil is not a bad thing...


No comments: