Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Mother of a storm

On Tuesday we were hit without a warning by a rain storm and wind of up to 100km/h. When I say without a warning, that would be me, as I don't listen to the radio. If I had known, I wouldn't have hung out my washing in the fading morning sun.....

While we were watching the unfolding spectacle from the safety of our lounge room window, this happened at the bottom of the garden...

Lucky for us, this is considered 'an act of god' and he gets blamed for the damage and not us....meaning, the insurance will cover for the removal of the tree. And of course the roof of next door who got a bit of a knock in the process.
The amazing thing is that the force of the wind completely uprooted this old tree. It is almost as if a giant simply lifted it out and put it on its side. It shows how dry the soil must still be. I feels as if we had quiet a bit of rain lately, but so much more is needed for nature to recover....

No comments: