Thursday, June 18, 2009

In the knitting basket








I've been hit by the knitting bug. Since starting the season with some socks for the kids, I haven't stopped knitting. I cannot sit down for 5 minutes and not knit....



And I've finally knitted something for myself. A scarf. Well, actually it is more a neck warmer...as I only bought 2 balls of this sublime wool and it woud have been to short for a scarf. But I am nevertheless pleased with it. I normally don't knit lacy patterns, but I have tried this free pattern from Ravelry.com and love the way it looks....A perfect project to work on during those quiet mornings, when the kids are off in their own play world. Quiet mornings that last as long as a hot coffee...gotta take those moments when they come.













Next I have made Miss E a beanie with ear flaps and a cardigan. For the beanie I used Malabrigo Yarn in "Little lovely". The pattern is great! The wool delicious! The cardie is done with Jo Sharp yarn. But I am not very happy the way it turned out. Miss E loves it so I guess the money spent on this luxurious wool was worth it.


I also made this beanie for my lovely Lua. Delicious and sweet on her little baby features...
At the moment I work on a Debbie Bloss jacket for a little boy in Paris who is yet to be born....And there are more babies to knit for, another beanie for Timon.....and finally that jacket for me!!!! I really hope winter is not over anytime soon....
















No comments: