Friday, March 27, 2009

The Fish




Cooking fish is not my forte. I love it and I always end up ordering fish or seafood when eating out. But cooking a whole fish? Never done it successfully so far. Sure, I make fishfingers, grill a salmon fillet marinated in Soy and Honey, but anyone can do that... Then, yesterday I was staring into the glassy eyes of a big Snapper. He came with Mardi and Dan from Melbourne. When I asked for fish it was clear to me that I meant flake or something similar to make my trusty fishfingers. But Dan is the fish expert and hence got me only the best....Ok, so here I am, marvelling with the kids at this beautiful fish, and wondering what I should dress him with. Kind Gianluca even suggested to put him in our bathtub so he could swim for a bit.. After everyone got to put their finger in his mouth, I got to work.

Thai Style snappy Snapper
1/2 bunch fresh corinader, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 red chilli
rind of a lemon (even better with Lime....) and the juice of 1/2
1/2 tsp Thai red curry paste
2 tsp Fish Sauce

Mix it all up and stuff the Fish, leaving some to sprinkle on top. Add some slices of lemon and wrap it all up in tin foil and bake for about 30-45 min on medium heat.
Serve with brown rice and some greens.

No comments: