Sunday, March 29, 2009

Knitting for a girl



I've started my "winter knitting" phase.... The days are getting cooler and we already need to layer with woollens in the morning. Mind you, by 10am it is getting rather warm and we get to soak up the remainder of the summer heat. I just love Autumn, with its glorious colors, crisp mornings and warm days.

In the evenings I get cosy with my wool and piles of books with patterns for hats, jumpers and socks. And a few gifts....Lucky me I've got a fairy god-daughter that is just the right size to whip us something special for. My first project is this eyelet vest from Debbie Bliss' Book "Special Knits", with her gorgeous baby cashmerino wool. The photo does the colour not justice, it is such a lovely raspberry pink.

It is easy to knit up and I imagine it will look stunning over a little skivy or blouse or, on warmer days, with a smart white T-shirt.

Next on the list is another quickie, a beanie for Mr. P and then socks for the kids, a jumper and a beanie for G. and possibly a cardigan for Miss E. Well, by then winter will be over so I'll just make them bigger to last us for the following winter as well .....Oh, I forgot...I really wanted to knit myself a shrug....oh I wish there were just more hours in a day!

No comments: